Monday 30 November 2015

Logs of Monday 30th November 2015

6325 @ 1203 Monique - 34333; "Caroline" by The Fortunes, DJ talking about The Ross Revenge

I put my resolution (see below) into practice today and stayed listening to Radio Monique throughout his broadcast. Mind you, there were no other stations at that time

Listening

It may seem a strange title for a heading, but isn't that what we short wave listeners are supposed to do? 
It occurred to me as I was tuning around the bands yesterday that I certainly am guilty of collecting as many different stations as I can as quickly as possible. 

Now that may be a side issue of running a blog such as this, but I resolved to spend a little more time pushing the MEMORY button on a frequency and actually listening to the station. 
Most free radio stations put a considerable amount of money, time and effort into their equipment and produce a really good show and deserve a little more respect than being listened to for 30 seconds!

So yesterday I listened to Radio Montferland on 6290 until the signal faded away almost completely and stayed put for a good time on 6330 with Zender Zodiac. Both stations played good entertaining music and produced an enjoyable show.
I did quickly flit around the bands to see what was going on, but returned to the station I had in memory.

I will try and carry on listening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment